This area has been designed with the volunteer counselor in mind.
Each worker must complete training before working in a summer camp program.
The following "Focus Series #1 - #7" are just one part of the training program. Please contact the Program Director of the program(s) you are volunteering for more information on further training.
Available for loan or purchase from the camp office
by Jim Badke
by Lloyd Mattson
All volunteer counselors and summer camp workers must complete required application and screening. The application is an online application. The local/federal background screening is a separte online link. The Fingerprint process and Affadivit of Good Moral Character are described below. Forms are in PDF format and will need Acrobat Reader 8.0 or higher to submit electronically.
- Volunteer Worker Application - Required for everyone in 2019. Update every three years for Returning Volunteers
- Worker Annual Health Form - Required every year - included in the online application
- Worker Local Background Check Online Form - Required of all in 2019. Update every three years for Returning Volunteers
- Worker Personal Contract - Included in the online application. Update every three years for Returning Volunteers
- Affidavit of Good Moral Character - (We have a Notary on staff) Update every three years for Returning Volunteers
- Fingerprints* - See exceptions and then proceed to services.
If your fingerprints are currently in the AHCA (Agency for Health Care Administration) Clearinghouse, please inform Lake Aurora on your application so we can access your prints at no additional charge. A completed Worker Local Background Check Form is still required.
If you are a Florida Public School Teacher, submit an official letter or email stating your current Level 2 screening standing with your school and no additional prints are needed.
- NOTE: As of 2015 - Photo taken with Fingerprint to submit to AHCA Clearinghouse.
Clearinghouse Applicant Request Form
- FieldPrint Services for Fingerprints - Available at a variety of UPS stores throughout Florida. Lake Aurora has an account through this service)
Fee: $65.75 ($12 fingerprint, $7 photo, $46.75 DCF fee) The fee covers the electronic collection of one set of fingerprints and mandated photograph and transmission of those prints/photo for DCF Summer Camp applicants via the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
For future reference... to maintain your 5 year Clearinghouse Fingerprint Status after your service you must maintain contact with Lake Aurora every 90 days through our ongoing training program or you will need to be reprocessed the following summer at an additional fee.